Communities of Practice Workshop 2
Goal: Create a visual model of our shared understanding of how the Network’s Communities of Practice (CoPractice) Program will work. Having a shared understanding of how these communities will operate - and their purpose- is essential to how we might begin the next phase of implementation. We hope to expand and explore this through the development of a logic model in this workshop.
- Article: Communities of Practice: The Organizational Frontier
- What are we building: communities or Networks?
First workshop Communities of Practice workshop
What we covered last workshop:
We discussed four key areas of the communities of practice: groups of skills, entry points, dynamics and rules, and duration/ life cycle.
What has happened since the last workshop:
- Internal partner management: figuring out which CfA departments/disciplines would be open to participating (if & how)
- Carrying forward related but ultimately not explicitly tied efforts to catalogue internal CfA Knowledge Sharing
What needs further attention:
- Creating a shared understanding of what we mean by “Communities of Practice” and how they will work